Monday, June 20, 2011

200.

First of all, a big thanks to all those people who visited this blog and encouraged me to keep posting!!
We have now reached question 200, which is great !!!!!


Now come to the question.

X attended a Jesuit school. As a teenager, X wanted to become a writer. Upon telling his mother this, she responded with "My dear, your father is an engineer. He's a logical, reasonable man with a very clear vision of the world. Do you actually know what it means to be a writer?" After researching, X concluded that a writer "always wears glasses and never combs his hair" and has a "duty and an obligation never to be understood by his own generation," amongst other things. At 17, X's introversion and opposition to following a traditional path led to his parents committing him to a mental institution from which he escaped three times before being released at the age of 20. X later remarked that "It wasn't that they wanted to hurt me, but they didn't know what to do... They did not do that to destroy me, they did that to save me."

Identify X. The theme of X’s masterpiece is what I would like to wish to all of you and to myself.